Both a2 Platinum® Premium milk drinks have been formulated to meet the dietary requirements of different aged children.
a2 Platinum® Premium toddler milk drink is suited to children aged 12 – 36 months
a2 Platinum® Premium junior milk drink is suited to children aged 36 months and older (up to 8 years).
a2 Platinum® Premium junior milk drink also contains a hint of natural vanilla flavour that your child will love.
If you have decided to switch your baby’s current infant formula to a2 Platinum® Premium infant formulas and milk drinks, the transition should occur slowly to allow your baby’s digestive system to adjust gradually. The a2 Platinum® Premium infant formulas and milk drinks will also taste different from other infant formulas, so this may be another reason why your little one will need some time to get used to a2 Platinum® gradually.
The products in the a2 Platinum® range are the only infant formulas and milk drinks made with our pure and natural a2 Milk™.
Breastfeeding is best for babies and good maternal nutrition is important in preparation for and during breastfeeding. Professional advice should be followed on infant feeding. Introducing bottle-feeding, either partially or exclusively, could negatively affect breastfeeding by reducing the amount of breast milk you produce and may be difficult to reverse should you change your mind. Consider the financial and social implications when deciding on a feeding method for your baby. Improper, or unnecessary, use of infant formula can affect the health of your baby, therefore, always prepare and use as per the manufacturer’s instructions.
Benefits of breastfeeding:
- Breast milk provides optimal nutrition perfectly tailored to your baby’s needs.
- It’s natural and easy to digest.
- Its protective properties may help reduce the risk of allergies and respiratory illnesses.
- Breastfeeding helps bonding between you and your baby, through skin to skin contact.
- There are benefits for you too – breastfeeding helps your body recover after the birth, it’s free and is the ultimate convenience food with no preparation or storage required!
- The World Health Organisation’s (WHO) infant feeding recommendation states that 'breastfeeding is an unequalled way of providing ideal food for the healthy growth and development of infants; it is also an integral part of the reproductive process with important implications for the health of mothers.' To read the full WHO infant feeding recommendation click here.
The World Health Organisation’s (WHO) infant feeding recommendation states ‘As a global public health recommendation, infants should be exclusively breastfed for the first 6 months of life to achieve optimal growth, development and health. Thereafter, to meet their evolving nutritional requirements, infants should receive nutritionally adequate and safe complementary foods while breastfeeding continues for up to two years of age or beyond. Exclusive breastfeeding from birth is possible except for a few medical conditions, and unrestricted exclusive breastfeeding results in ample milk production’.
Cow’s milk allergy is a serious condition and is different from A1 protein sensitivity. If your child is known to suffer from a cow’s milk allergy you should consult your doctor or pediatrician before feeding your child ANY milk- based product, including a2 Platinum® Premium infant formula.
a2 Platinum® Premium infant formula is made with a2 Milk™, which contains all the proteins you would find in most regular cow’s milk, except for the A1 protein.